Town of Emerald Isle
Planning Board Meeting
Monday, August 25, 2003
7:00 PM at Town Hall
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of July 28, 2003
- Report from the Planning Director
- Town Board Meeting, August 12, 2003
- Amendment to Section 19-8(b)
- Amendment to Section 19 for massage therapist and repeal of Section 10
- Land Use Steering Committee Update, July 8, 2003
- Building Inspection Report, July 2003
- Meetings to Note
- Town Board of Commissioners, September 9, 2003
- LUP Steering Committee, September 10, 2003
- Planning Board, September 22, 2003
- Presentation by Ted Tyndall on the development of piers relative to the Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA).
- Consider a request by W. Randy Campbell to rezone 4.03 acres of property located adjacent to Daisywood Subdivision and Boardwalk by the Sea from B-3 (Business) to R-2 (Residential).
- Discussion of possible amendments to Section 19 of the Town Code, Dunes and Vegetation Ordinance, in order to address issues related to septic systems.
- Discussion of possible amendments to Section 19 of the Town Code in order to address issues related to the outside display of goods and merchandise in commercial districts.
- Discussion of possible amendments to Section 19-107, Paragraph 7, of the Town Code in order to address the required vegetative buffer in business districts.
- Discussion of proposed amendments to Chapter 19 – Zoning – to establish regulations for large commercial structures.
- Discussion of stormwater issue at the intersection of Emerald Drive and Crew Drive.