Town of Emerald Isle
Planning Board Meeting
Monday, May 19, 2008
6:00 PM at Emerald Isle Community Center
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
Voted unanimously (4 to 0) to excuse members Craig, Conrad, and Smith from tonight's meeting.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular Meeting held on February 25, 2008
Voted unanimously (4 to 0) to approve the minutes as presented.
- Report from the Planning Director
- Town Board Meeting, March 11, 2008
- Building Inspection Report, February, March and April 2008
- Meetings to Note
- Board of Commissioners, June 10, 2008
- Planning Board, June 23, 2008
- Consider a request from Town of Emerald Isle for Commercial Review of the proposed new Town Hall Building located at 7509 Emerald Drive.
Voted unanimously (4 to 0) to recommend to the Board of Commissioners that the commercial review be approved subject to the following conditions:
- Approval from the Carteret County Health Department for the on-site septic disposal system.
- Letter from the Town's consulting engineer that a stormwater plan for the project is consistent with Town requirements.
- Letter from the Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative that they can serve the proposed development.
- Letter from Bogue Banks Water Corporation that they can serve the proposed development.
- Discussion regarding the draft Unified Development Ordinance and establishing a special meeting of the Planning Board in order to conduct a public informational meeting on UDO.
Agreed to establish June 9 as the date for the informational meeting on the draft UDO. The time will be set following discussions with Planning Board members who were absent from tonight's meeting.