Fall brings absolutely gorgeous weather to Emerald Isle, and the beaches are often crowded with sunbathers, swimmers, and fishermen enjoying the beach! Beach driving season is now underway, and it's important for beach drivers to be safe and courteous when driving on the beach so that all beach user groups can have an enjoyable experience. The Town's ordinances are carefully crafted to promote safety and balance the interests of all user groups, and include the following key provisions:
- a beach driving permit is required, and can be purchased at the Town Administration Building,
- only vehicles equipped with 4-wheel drive are permitted on the beach strand,
- be alert for other beach users, including small children and individuals who may be laying down on the beach,
- the speed limit on the beach is 20 mph, but please drive slower around other beach users,
- please stay away from the dunes and avoid sea turtle nests, and
- please do not litter!
Enjoy the beach........and catch a lot of fish!
Monday, October 2, 2017 9:23:00 AM