Emerald Isle is forecast to receive 2- 3 inches of snow overnight (early Thursday am hours), with rain / sleet / ice beginning Wednesday evening. Road conditions are expected to be potentially dangerous later tonight, overnight, and tomorrow morning, so please avoid driving unless absolutely necessary. NCDOT crews will be clearing snow and applying salt on NC 58 and the bridge as necessary.
Town offices remain open until 5 pm today, and will reopen at 10 am on Thursday morning (additional delays or closures will be communicated if necessary).
The Community Center will close at 5 pm today, and will reopen at 10 am on Thursday morning (additional delays or closures will be communicated if necessary).
Trash will NOT be collected on Thursday (soundside areas), however trash will be collected from the entire Town (both soundside and oceanside) on Friday. Please do not put your trash container out at the curbside until Thursday afternoon, as strong wind gusts of up to 40 - 50 mph are anticipated overnight tonight.
The Town offers several platforms to keep you well-informed, and will provide additional public information as necessary.
- Visit the Town's website at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ,
- Sign up for the Town's email newsletter at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- Sign up for emergency text messages by texting keyword EMERALD to 797979 or by visiting https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- Visit the Town's Facebook page (Town of Emerald Isle, NC) ,
- Folllow us on Twitter (@townemeraldisle), and/or
- Download the Emerald Isle APP at the App Store or Google Play (seach for "Emerald Isle, NC" and look for the Town logo.
Stay safe, and stay warm!