Obtain a Permit
Permits can only be obtained at the Police Department during normal work hours:
- Sunday through Thursday
8 am to 8 pm
- Friday through Saturday
8 am to 11 pm
Complete a Horse on Beach Permit Application (PDF) and submit to the Police Department at 7500 Emerald Drive.
Review the Ordinance for Horses on the Beach Strand (PDF) for more information.
- Day-Pass Permit - $10 - Good for the day issued.
- Seasonal Permit - $50 - Good for the current season.
- Negative Coggins test for each horse obtained within the last 12 months
- Must have bun bag or manure catcher for each horse
- Picture ID
Please note: Commercial entities that offer horseback riding on the beach are not permissible on the beach strand due to the Town's ordinances regarding itinerant merchants.
Note that you may only travel to and from the access points to the nearest parking.
- East Ramp - Dog leg at Ocean Dr./Emerald Dr.
- Black Skimmer Ramp- across from the police department
- Horses shall only be allowed on the beach strand between September 15 and April 30 of each year
- Horses are not permitted on the beach strand from April 15 through April 22, 2022
- From 5 am until 9 pm daily on days subject to daylight savings time.
- From 5 am until 7 pm daily on days subject to Eastern standard time.
- (All times coincide with beach driving)