Emerald Isle received approximately 3 inches of snow and ice last night, and NC 58, the bridge, and Town streets remain covered. Road conditions are poor and potentially dangerous, so please avoid driving unless absolutely necessary. Air temperatures may not get above freezing today, which means these conditions will persist longer.
NCDOT crews are already hard at work in Carteret County, and should be in Emerald Isle soon.
Town offices will be closed all day Thursday, January 4, and will reopen on Friday, January 5. Additional delays or closures will be communicated as necessary.
The Community Center will be closed all day Thursday, and will reopen on Friday. Additional delays or closures will be communicated as necessary.
Trash will NOT be collected on Thursday (soundside areas), however trash will be collected from the entire Town (both soundside and oceanside) on Friday.
The Town offers several platforms to keep you well-informed, and will provide additional public information as necessary.
- Visit the Town's website at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ,
- Sign up for the Town's email newsletter at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- Sign up for emergency text messages by texting keyword EMERALD to 797979 or by visiting https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- Visit the Town's Facebook page (Town of Emerald Isle, NC) ,
- Folllow us on Twitter (@townemeraldisle), and/or
- Download the Emerald Isle APP at the App Store or Google Play (search for "Emerald Isle, NC" and look for the Town logo.
Stay safe, and enjoy the snow!