The Town of Emerald Isle has several wheelchairs designed to be pushed on the beach strand. They are available at the Emerald Isle Fire Department Station One (7500 Emerald Drive) with the following conditions:
- They are first come-first served and we do not take reservations.
- They can be obtained by picking them up at Fire Station One after 8am each day.
- They are lent out a daily basis and must be returned by 7pm each evening.
- They have a 350lb weight limit.
- They are free of charge; however, we do accept donations to maintain the chairs and purchase new ones as needed.
If you have any questions you may call Fire Station One at 252-354-2445