Town of Emerald Isle
October 14, 2020
National, state, and county officials report a distinct rise in reported COVID-19 cases. As a precaution, the Town of Emerald Isle will take the following action step to maintain operations and protect the public:
TOWN BOARD MEETING(S)
- The October Board of Commissioner’s meeting is postponed until Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 6:00 PM.
- Information will be updated on the Town’s official website if meeting details change.
- Virtual attendance options will be available for the public.
- The Town Admin Building, located at 7509 Emerald Drive, will limit public access into the structure.
- Staff is available to answer calls and emails during regular business hours M-F 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
- For those needing permits or hardcopy items, a convenience drop box is available at the front entrance.
- The EIPD, located at 7500 Emerald Drive, will limit public access into the structure.
- Beach Driving Permits will be accessible online only.
- To register for a Beach Driving permit, please follow this link: https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/beach-driving
PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
- The EIPR Community Center, located at 7500 Emerald Drive, will adjust hours and increase cleaning schedules.
- The Community Center will remain open to the public as follows:
Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays 7:30 AM until 2:00 PM
Closed on Wednesdays
Saturdays 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM
Closed on Sundays
- On Tuesday November 3, 2020, the EIPR Community Center will be open for voting purposes only.
- All other functions and programing will be suspended for the day.
The public is asked to follow all CDC and state guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Wear a cloth/approved face covering, wash your hands frequently and maintain a minimum of 6-feet social distance.
For the most current updates related to the Town of Emerald Isle, please monitor www.emeraldisle-nc.org, follow the Town’s official government page on Facebook and Twitter, and download the Emerald Isle app. Individuals can also sign-up for timely emails and emergency text notifications by clicking here: https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications
Stay distanced and stay well,