Job Title: Seasonal Lifeguards
Salary Range: $12- 13/ hr
Position Information- Part- Time
The Town of Emerald Isle spans over 12 miles of beautiful beaches and is surrounded by crystal clear water. Our permanent population is 3,700 with our summer population exceeding 35,000. Each year the Town employs seasonal lifeguards to oversee two dedicated ocean accesses and provide mobile guard patrols along the beach strand.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid NC Driver’s License
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification with CPR/ First Aid preferred (Course conducted by Town if hired)
- EMT-B or emergency responder certification preferred
- Responsible for carrying out a full range of lifeguard and surf rescue tasks to include water rescues both swimming and or using jet-ski’s and rescue boats.
- Requires emergency medical response on the beach strand
- Maintaining daily and weekly reports
- Responsible for maintaining clean work area both in the office and on the beach strand
- Performing daily apparatus, water equipment, medical equipment and station duties/checks.
- Participating in physical fitness training and medical continuing education courses.
- Ability to provide excellent communication skills when conversing with the public
- Ability to Drive and Operate a Side by Side Utility Vehicle
- Applicant’s shall be required to complete an agility test
- Oral Interviews shall be conducted
- Criminal Background Screen
- DMV Record Screen
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
How to Apply
Please submit applications and copies of certifications to:
Chief William Walker
Emerald Isle Fire Department,
7500 Emerald Drive
Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Print Job Posting
The Town of Emerald Isle will only accept applications for current position vacancies posted and they must be received by the application deadline noted, if applicable.
All final applicants for full-time, part-time and temporary (seasonal) positions with the Town of Emerald Isle who receive conditional offers of employment will be subject to a criminal history background check. Other checks such as reference check, motor vehicle record check, pre-employment drug test, etc. may also be conducted if applicable to the position for which applied.
The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Emerald Isle Participates in E-Verify®
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security