Job Title: Part-Time Firefighter
Starting Rate: $11.78 hr.
Position Information: Part-Time
The Town of Emerald Isle spans over 12 miles of beautiful beaches and is surrounded by crystal clear water. Our permanent population is 3,700 with our summer population exceeding 35,000. The Fire Department employs part-time firefighters to cover various shifts and events, this employment is as needed to fill shift vacancies.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to obtain NC Class B Driver’s License
- Must be certified NC Firefighter II
- Must be certified Hazardous Materials Responder I
- Must be certified NC EMT
- Perform general duties to include firefighting and water rescue emergencies
- Participates in ongoing training courses within and outside of the department to include drills and classroom instruction
- Requires emergency medical response to the district
- Ability to provide excellent communication skills when conversing with the public and employees
- Ability to drive and operate apparatus
- Perform daily apparatus, water equipment, and medical equipment and station duties/checks.
- Applicant’s shall be required to complete an agility test
- Oral Interviews shall be conducted
- Criminal Background Screen
- DMV Record Screen
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
How to Apply
Applications can be found at http://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment . Please submit applications and copies of certifications to: Chief William Walker, Emerald Isle Fire Department, 7500 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Job Title: Police Officer
Starting Rate: $16.10 hr
Position Information: Part-Time
The Town of Emerald Isle is seeking applicants for the positions of part-time Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age, be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. Applicant must also be a graduate of BLET, and possess or be eligible for N.C. Driver’s License. Applicants must pass a background investigation, physical examination, and psychological examination. Starting rate is $16.10 hr. or higher dependent upon qualifications. Please submit a Town of Emerald Isle employment application which may be obtained at the Emerald Isle Administration Building, the Emerald Isle Police Department, or by visiting our website www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications should be submitted to the attention of Police Lieutenant David Ketchum, Emerald Isle Police Department, 7500 Emerald Dr. Emerald Isle, NC 28594. PH: 252-354-2021. The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Emerald Isle will only accept applications for current position vacancies posted and they must be received by the application deadline noted, if applicable.
All final applicants for full-time, part-time and temporary (seasonal) positions with the Town of Emerald Isle who receive conditional offers of employment will be subject to a criminal history background check. Other checks such as reference check, motor vehicle record check, pre-employment drug test, etc. may also be conducted if applicable to the position for which applied.
The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Emerald Isle Participates in E-Verify®
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security