Job Title: Seasonal Parking Lot Attendants and Custodian
Department: Parks and Recreation
Position Information: Part-Time Seasonal
Duties for Parking Lot Attendant include collecting funds from park visitors for parking as well as daily reconciliation of funds. Duties for custodian position include cleaning and maintaining park buildings and amenities, grounds and beachfront area of our Western and Eastern Ocean Regional Access facilities. Duties also include reporting violations of park rules to appropriate authorities. Individuals should be able to perform these duties with minimal supervision. All positions require regularly scheduled weekends. Valid NC driver license required. Ability to consistently lift 50+ pounds required. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required prior to employment.
Position is open until filled. Please submit a Town of Emerald Isle Employment application which may be obtained at www.emeraldisle-nc.org . NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE! Applications should be submitted to: Alesia Sanderson, Director of Parks and Recreation, 7500 Emerald Dr., Emerald Isle, NC 28594. firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Seasonal Lifeguards
Salary Range: $12- 13/ hr
Position Information- Part- Time
The Town of Emerald Isle spans over 12 miles of beautiful beaches and is surrounded by crystal clear water. Our permanent population is 3,700 with our summer population exceeding 35,000. Each year the Town employs seasonal lifeguards to oversee two dedicated ocean accesses and provide mobile guard patrols along the beach strand.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid NC Driver’s License
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification with CPR/ First Aid preferred (Course conducted by Town if hired)
- EMT-B or emergency responder certification preferred
- Responsible for carrying out a full range of lifeguard and surf rescue tasks to include water rescues both swimming and or using jet-ski’s and rescue boats.
- Requires emergency medical response on the beach strand
- Maintaining daily and weekly reports
- Responsible for maintaining clean work area both in the office and on the beach strand
- Performing daily apparatus, water equipment, medical equipment and station duties/checks.
- Participating in physical fitness training and medical continuing education courses.
- Ability to provide excellent communication skills when conversing with the public
- Ability to Drive and Operate a Side by Side Utility Vehicle
- Applicant’s shall be required to complete an agility test
- Oral Interviews shall be conducted
- Criminal Background Screen
- DMV Record Screen
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
How to Apply
Applications can be found at http://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment. Please submit applications and copies of certifications to: Chief William Walker, Emerald Isle Fire Department,7500 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Job Title: Police Officer
Starting Rate: $15.43 hr
Position Information: Part-Time
The Town of Emerald Isle is seeking applicants for the positions of part-time Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age, be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. Applicant must also be a graduate of BLET, and possess or be eligible for N.C. Driver’s License. Applicants must pass a background investigation, physical examination, and psychological examination. Starting rate is $15.43 hr. or higher dependent upon qualifications. Please submit a Town of Emerald Isle employment application which may be obtained at the Emerald Isle Administration Building, the Emerald Isle Police Department, or by visiting our website www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications should be submitted to the attention of Police Lieutenant David Ketchum, Emerald Isle Police Department, 7500 Emerald Dr. Emerald Isle, NC 28594. PH: 252-354-2021. The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Emerald Isle will only accept applications for current position vacancies posted and they must be received by the application deadline noted, if applicable.
All final applicants for full-time, part-time and temporary (seasonal) positions with the Town of Emerald Isle who receive conditional offers of employment will be subject to a criminal history background check. Other checks such as reference check, motor vehicle record check, pre-employment drug test, etc. may also be conducted if applicable to the position for which applied.
The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Emerald Isle Participates in E-Verify®
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security