Job Titles: Part-Time Paramedic
The Town of Emerald Isle is accepting applications from qualified applicants to fill part-time positions for Paramedic.
Performs skills within their scope of practice under the employment of The Town of Emerald Isle EMS department and with the Carteret County Medical Protocols. AEMTS/Paramedics will need to have ALS privileges granted by the Carteret County medical director. Duties will be to perform emergency medical care on scene and while in route to the hospital; responds to all emergency and non-emergency calls; applies all necessary treatment and transport of the sick and/or injured; creates patient care reports; communicates with all other employees, volunteers, dispatch, nurses, doctors and all persons with professionalism; maintains all equipment and living quarters to the expected standard.
- Must possess NC Certified as a EMT/AEMT/Paramedic or able to receive reciprocity
- Must possess AHA BLS CPR certification
- AEMTS/Paramedics must possess ACLS certification
- AEMTS/Paramedics must possess PALS certification
- AEMTS/Paramedics must possess PHTLS or ITLS certification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at current provider level
- Must be able to operate all machinery and equipment necessary to perform the essential job functions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, have good hand and eye coordination, and possess good communication skills.
Reflective as above.
The hiring process will consist of a written test, in-person interview, TSOP (Technical Scope of Practice), criminal background screening, DMV record screen, and pre-employment drug screening.
How to Apply:
Applications can be found at http://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment. Please submit applications and copies of certifications to: Chief David Jones, Emerald Isle EMS Department,7500 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594.
Job Title: Part-Time Police Officer
Starting Rate: $17.24 hr
Position Information: Part-Time
The Town of Emerald Isle is seeking applicants for the positions of part-time Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age, be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. Applicant must also be a graduate of BLET, and possess or be eligible for N.C. Driver’s License. Applicants must pass a background investigation, physical examination, and psychological examination. Starting rate is $17.24 hr. or higher dependent upon qualifications. Please submit a Town of Emerald Isle employment application which may be obtained at the Emerald Isle Administration Building, the Emerald Isle Police Department, or by visiting our website www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications should be submitted to the attention of Police Lieutenant David Ketchum, Emerald Isle Police Department, 7500 Emerald Dr. Emerald Isle, NC 28594. PH: 252-354-2021. The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Part-Time Firefighter
Starting Rate: $15 hr.
Position Information: Part-Time
The Town of Emerald Isle spans over 12 miles of beautiful beaches and is surrounded by crystal clear water. Our permanent population is 3,700 with our summer population exceeding 35,000. The Fire Department employs part-time firefighters to cover various shifts and events, this employment is as needed to fill shift vacancies.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to obtain NC Class B Driver’s License
- Must be certified NC Firefighter II
- Must be certified Hazardous Materials Responder I
- Must be certified NC EMT
- Perform general duties to include firefighting and water rescue emergencies
- Participates in ongoing training courses within and outside of the department to include drills and classroom instruction
- Requires emergency medical response to the district
- Ability to provide excellent communication skills when conversing with the public and employees
- Ability to drive and operate apparatus
- Perform daily apparatus, water equipment, and medical equipment and station duties/checks.
- Applicant’s shall be required to complete an agility test
- Oral Interviews shall be conducted
- Criminal Background Screen
- DMV Record Screen
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
How to Apply
Applications can be found at http://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/employment . Please submit applications and copies of certifications to: Chief William Walker firstname.lastname@example.org or if in person to the On-Duty Fire Captain. By mail submit to: Captain Bill Matthias, Emerald Isle Fire Department, 7500 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
To download an Employment Application - Employment Application
The Town of Emerald Isle will only accept applications for current position vacancies posted and they must be received by the application deadline noted, if applicable.
All final applicants for full-time, part-time and temporary (seasonal) positions with the Town of Emerald Isle who receive conditional offers of employment will be subject to a criminal history background check. Other checks such as reference check, motor vehicle record check, pre-employment drug test, etc. may also be conducted if applicable to the position for which applied.
The Town of Emerald Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Emerald Isle Participates in E-Verify®
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security