Horses on Beach Permit Application
Permit application is listed below.
Day-Pass Permit - $10.00 - Good for day issued.
Seasonal Permit - $50.00 - Good for current season.
Permits can only be obtained at the Police Department during normal work hours:
Sunday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
- Negative Coggins test for each horse obtained within the last 12 months
- Must have bun bag or manure catcher for each horse
- Picture ID
Please note: Commercial entities that offer horseback riding on the beach are not permissible on the beach strand due to the Town's ordinances regarding itinerant merchants.
Access: (May only travel to and from the access points to nearest parking)
- East Ramp- Dog leg at Ocean Dr./Emerald Dr.
- Black Skimmer Ramp- across from the police department
- Horses shall only be allowed on the beach strand between September 15 and April 30 of each year;
From 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. daily on days subject to daylight savings time.
From 5 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily on days subject to Eastern standard time.
Horses are not permitted on the beach strand from April 15-April 22, 2022
(All times coincide with beach driving.)
Once you download your permit application, you can submit it at the Police Department at 7500 Emerald Drive.
Click here to read the ordinance concerning horses on the beach strand.