Hurricane Isaias Update #6
Final event update
August 4, 2020
The post-storm assessment is underway in Emerald Isle. We are blessed and thankful that the storm did not bring widespread damage to the area. Following is the final update related to this storm event.
RAINFALL: 1.28” of rain was recorded overnight at the Emerald Isle Public Works facility.
Following is a brief assessment of public infrastructure damage:
- Street sign down- Emerald Drive and Coast Guard Rd
- Street sign down - Channel and Terrell Howell Way (near the US Coast Guard station)
- A downed tree on the bike path near Sea Dunes
- A downed tree on the bike path near Land’s End
- A downed tree in the roadway near Reed/Janell
- A downed tree in the roadway near Reed/Mangrove
Town staff members are on scene and actively working to clean up the areas identified.
RED FLAGS: Reminder, ocean conditions are dangerous and Emerald Isle remains under RED FLAGS. Flag poles have been damaged and lifeguards are working to reinstall flags. The public is asked to stay out of the water and respect the ocean conditions.
Thank you all for your help and cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact the Town of Emerald Isle at 252-354-3424.
Please Visit ReadyNC to Plan, Prepare, and Stay Informed!
Print Hurricane Guide
The Town works hard to keep our residents, property owners, and visitors well-informed, and offers several platforms.
To receive the most current information from the Town of Emerald Isle, please:
- visit the Town's website at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ,
- check the Town's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/emeraldislenc
- follow the Town's Twitter feed: @townemeraldisle,
- sign up for the Town's email newsletter at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- sign up for text message alerts at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications , and/or
- download the Emerald Isle APP at Google Play and The APP Store (search for "emerald isle nc") and enable "push" notifications.