Final Hurricane Dorian Update #12- Fri., Sept. 6, 2019 (5:00 PM)
As a whole, the Town of Emerald Isle fared quite well during Hurricane Dorian. We have many reasons to be thankful.
Our thoughts, prayers, and support remain with those negatively impacted by the storm. As of today's assessment, approximately 62 residential and 5 business properties were damaged during Thursday's tornado.
Tornado/ Hurricane Debris
Sections of roadway near the Boardwalk RV Park will remain closed, as crews secure tornado related debris. Contractors are scheduled to begin debris removal, from the public right of way only, on Monday, Sept. 9, 2019. For safety reasons, please avoid Louise Ave (between Islander Drive and Boardwalk) until further notice.
Safety and Policing
The Emerald Isle Police Department has additional road officers on patrol, focusing on security measures related to Hurricane Dorian. As always, if you see suspicious activity please report it by dialing 911.
Parks and Recreation News
The Community Center will resume normal hours of operation on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019.
There will be no charge for public parking at the Eastern Ocean Regional Access.
Due to damage in the immediate area, the Western Ocean Regional Access will be closed until further notice. Additionally, Emerald Isle Woods Park remains closed to the public. We apologize for the inconvenience.
All other town related offices and services will resume normal operation on Monday, Sept. 9, 2019.
Curbside Trash/ Recycling
Simmons & Simmons will resume the normal schedule for trash and recycling collection on Monday, Sept. 9, 2019.
Unless conditions change, this will be the final Hurricane Dorian Update for the weekend.
The Town works hard to keep our residents, property owners, and visitors well-informed, and offers several platforms.
To receive the most current information from the Town of Emerald Isle, please:
- visit the Town's website at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ,
- check the Town's Facebook page at Town of Emerald Isle, NC,
- follow the Town's Twitter feed: @townemeraldisle,
- sign up for the Town's email newsletter at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- sign up for text message alerts at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications , and/or
- download the Emerald Isle APP at Google Play and The APP Store (search for "emerald isle nc") and enable "push" notifications.