According to the September 25 forecast, the center of Hurricane Maria is expected to pass approximately 225 miles east of Emerald Isle overnight Tuesday into Wednesday. Based on this forecast track, the Town does not anticipate significant wind or rain impacts from Maria, however, rough surf conditions are expected for the next few days.
Although a change in this forecast track is not expected, the Town encourages everyone to continue to monitor Maria's path in case of a shift in the track closer to Emerald Isle. If such a shift occurs, the Town will post appropriate guidance on our various digital platforms:
- the Town's website ( https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ),
- the Town's email newsletter ( sign up at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ),
- the Town's text message alert system ( sign up at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ),
- the Town's Facebook page (Town of Emerald Isle, NC),
- the Town's Twitter account (@townemeraldisle), and
- on the Emerald Isle APP, including Push notifications (search for "emerald isle nc" on Google Play and the APP Store).