As property owners return and begin cleaning up their property from Florence's damage, please help us complete the collection of debris in the most efficient and safe manner.
- please create SEPARATE piles at the street edge,
- please create one pile for vegetative debris (trees and limbs), one pile for construction and demolition debris (shingles, siding, plywood, studs, etc.), and one pile for discarded furnishings (carpet, furniture, large personal items),
- tree and limb debris segments should be no longer than 12 feet,
- please place discarded appliances in a separate location at the street edge,
- please avoid placing piles directly under power lines and other overhead utility lines, and also not around mailboxes, fire hydrants, low hanging trees, sprinkler heads as this may present a safety hazard to collection crews and may result in a slower collection process.
Town staff and our debris contractors will begin debris collection efforts early this week, and will continue these efforts for the next several weeks. We will be working hard to have Emerald Isle back to normal as quickly as possible
Friday, September 21, 2018 11:33:00 AM