I was privileged to attend the DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) graduation at White Oak Elementary School recently. I was so proud of the leadership of the Emerald Isle Police Department. Special thanks to Officer Sandra DeLorme who was the leader and to our Chief Jeff Waters. The fifth graders were so proud of their achievements and I would personally like to thank Officer DeLorme for her excellent leadership. The parents of the fifth graders were so thankful to Emerald Isle for its leadership in the DARE course. It was truly a wonderful evening!
June means warm weather and more time outside with family and friends. I am pleased to announce our EMERALDFEST summer concert series kicks off again on June 19th and runs through August 21. We have great family concerts scheduled each week. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy great music by the sea. The schedule for this summer is as follows:
- June 19 - Pure T Mommicked (Rock / Alternative)
- June 26 - My Three Kilts (Irish)
- July 3 - 4EverAll (Pop / Variety)
- July 10 - Justin Castellano (Eclectic)
- July 17 - Hank Barbee - (Rock/Blues/& Roots)
- July 24 - Redneck Juliets (Country / Originals)
- July 31 - Dependable Taxi (Pop / Alternative)
- August 7 - Wild Honey (Blues / Country / Rock)
- August 14 - Scearce & Ketner (Carolina Pirate Rock)
- August 21 - Big Drink (Acoustic / Rock)
Visit the Seaside Arts Council website www.seasideartscouncil.com for more info about the Summer Concert Series!
June will be an exciting month in Emerald Isle. Our “Emerald Path” will be finished and the water will be warm, with great concerts each Thursday evening. See you at the Western Ocean Regional Access each Thursday from June 19-August 21 at 6:30pm.
Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:11:00 AM