June is a great month at Emerald Isle. It is the start of our summer season and I am certain everyone is eagerly looking forward to warm days at the beach. I just love walking on the beach at sunset. I enjoy collecting shells and having the warm water brush up against my feet. I am always amazed at the beauty and the joy of walking on the beach at sunset. What a great way to end the day!
June means the start of our annual EmeraldFest. What a wonderful way to enjoy great music with family and friends and feel the refreshing ocean breezes. I invite you to join us each Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Western Access. We have planned an excellent group of musicians to entertain us each Thursday beginning on Thursday, June 18. The concerts will conclude at 8 pm. The schedule for Emerald Fest is as follows:
- June 18 Pure T Mommicked (Rock/Alternative)
- June 25 Selah Dubb (Reggae)
- July 2 4EverAll (Pop/Variety)
- July 9 Justin Castellano (Eclectic)
- July 16 Wild Honey (Blues/Country/Rock)
- July 23 Outer Banks Philharmonic (Rock/Alternative)
- July 30 Now and Then (Classic Country, Bluegrass, Mix)
- August 6 Scearce & Ketner (Carolina Pirate Rock)
- August 13 Naked Knees (WHAT A PARTY SOUNDS LIKE)
- August 20 Big Drink (Acoustic/Rock)
In closing I would like to thank each and every member of our town staff for the excellent job they do in providing service to our residents and visitors. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful and dedicated town staff. I am amazed each and every day the way our entire staff works together to make Emerald Isle a great place to live and visit. Thanks for a job well done!
See you at the beach in June and looking forward to a great summer at Emerald Isle! Enjoy the island!
Monday, June 1, 2015 1:15:00 PM