Town of Emerald Isle
Regular Planning Board Meeting
Monday, June 23, 2003
7:00 P.M. Town Hall
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of May 22, 2003
- Report from Planning Director
- Town Board Meeting, June 10, 2003
- Land Use Plan Steering Committee Update June 11, 2003
- Building Inspections Report, May 2003
- Meetings to note:
- Town Board of Commissioners Tues. July 08, 2003 7:00 P.M.
- LUP Steering Committee Wed. July 09, 2003 5:00 P.M.
- Planning Board Meeting Mon. July 28, 2003 7:00 P.M.
- Discussion regarding amendment to Section 19-8(b) to allow an application to be accepted for a rezoning within one year of a previous request, provided it is for a less intensive zoning.
- Rezoning Request from Randy Campbell to rezone 4.03 acres, southern portion of block 40, between the Daisywood S/D and Boardwalk RV Park from B-3 (commercial) to R-2 (residential).
Discussion regarding amendments:
- Stormwater Ordinance, Chapter 16, to clarify the need for stormwater plans for subdivision that requires no infrastructure prior to a final plat approval.
- Dunes and Vegetation Ordinance, Section 19-336(1)(d) to determine natural by means other than inclusion of the septic area in commercial districts.
- To consider allowing the pier length to meet CAMA requirements of up to 400’ or 4’ of water depth.
- Revision of Flood Damage Protection Ordinance, Sec. 19-251 thru 330 to conform with North Carolina Dept. of Crime Control and Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management Floodplain Management Branch.