Town of Emerald Isle
Planning Board Meeting
Monday, May 24, 2004
6:00 PM at Town Hall
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes for the Regular Meeting held on April 26, 2004.
(Approved by unanimous vote 5-0)
- Report from the Planning Director
- Town Board Meeting, May 11, 2004
- Building Inspection Report, April 2004
- Meetings to Note
- 1. Board of Commissioners, June 8, 2004
- 2. Planning Board, June 28, 2004
- Consider a possible amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to allow for certain professional/technical services as a permitted use within the Table of Permitted Uses.
(Recommended by unanimous vote 5-0 that the Table of Permitted and Special Uses be amended to include such uses as a permitted use with the limitation that no more than 50% of the gross floor area may be used for the assembly operations of the business)
- Consider a request by Bell Cove LLC for preliminary and final plat approval of the proposed Bell Cove Village housing project.
(Tabled until the next meeting at the request of the applicant)
- Consider a request by Eagles of Emerald Isle for commercial review for the repainting of its store at 8308 Emerald Drive.
(Recommended by unanimous vote 5-0 that the new colors be approved. Also, by unanimous vote 5-0 requested that the Board of Commissioners revisit Section 19-73 of the Town Code which requires structures permitted after 1-13-98 to adhere to color scheme while older structures do not have to adhere to a color scheme)
- Discussion on possible amendments to the Zoning Ordinance to allow swimming pools within the Ocean Erodible Setback Area as defined by the North Carolina Division of Coastal Management.
(Recommended 4-1 that pertinent sections of the Town Code be amended to prohibit masonry pools within the Ocean Erodible Area, but include language that fiberglass pools are exempt from this prohibition)