July 2017 Neighborhood Watch Newsletter
Emerald Isle Neighborhood Watch
I want to thank each of you for the commitment, hard work and dedication that you have shown in making the Emerald Isle Neighborhood Watch Program the success that it has become. Rather than just telling you that I know it has been successful, let me share with you some statistics that prove that what you are doing is making a difference in this community!
Since the start of the Emerald Isle Neighborhood Watch Program in January of 2014…….
The number certified streets have increased from 1 to over 300…
Crimes against persons have decreased by 25%...
Crimes against property have decreased by 29%…
Burglaries have decreased by 40%...
Thefts have decreased by 34%...
Property Damage has decreased by 22%...
Monetary loss due to theft and fraud has decreased by 16%...
Overall……crime in Emerald Isle is down 37% in just the first two years of the program!
View Quick Reference List (QRL) of Recommended Security and Safety Measures
WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING…..YOU ARE SAYING SOMETHING!
You ARE making a difference in the quality of life and safety of this community and we need you to continue by:
1. REMAINING alert to what it going on around you and in your neighborhood.
2. ENCOURAGING your neighbors, renters and guest to get involved, be aware and report suspicious activity.
3. POSTING the Quick Reference List (QRL) somewhere visible in your home to remind everyone!
4. ATTENDING Coffee with a COP, Police Educating the Public (PEP) and Neighborhood Watch Program events to stay informed as to what is happening in the community.
5. INFORMING others about Neighborhood Watch and inviting them to become a part of it.
6. REPORTING any suspicious activity or behavior you see to the Emerald Isle Police Department.
Together we can REPAIR the effects that criminals have on a community! You have proven that!!!!