Watch this brief informational video:
August and September are the most active hurricane months of the year for the Town of Emerald Isle. Town staff will closely monitor potential threats to Emerald Isle as they develop. We work hard to keep our residents and property owners well-informed, and offer several digital platforms. For general hurricane preparedness information, please visit https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/hurricane-information-1 .
To receive the most current and accurate information about potential storm threats and actual impacts in Emerald Isle, please look for the appropriate guidance at:
- The official Emerald Isle website https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/
- The Emerald Isle email newsletter sign up https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications
- The Emerald Isle text message alert system sign up https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications
- The official Emerald Isle Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/emeraldislenc
- The official Emerald Isle Twitter account (@townemeraldisle)
- The official Emerald Isle APP, including Push notifications (search for "emerald isle nc" on Google Play and the APP Store).
If you do not have an official Town-issued hurricane re-entry permit, avoid the lines and get one today. Visit https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/hurricane-information-1 to complete the online application.
Be prepared! Stay Informed!