Emerald Isle EMS CPR & AED Initiative
Goal: to improve the chance of survival from cardiac arrest by strategically placing AED’s around the community and training nearby business staff in their usage. This will be paired with CPR education that will allow trained individuals to provide life-saving assistance prior to EMS arrival.
Why: the provision of early effective CPR and early defibrillation has been proven and is recommend by the american heart association to increase survival in victims of sudden cardiac arrest. The heart of the CPR and AED initiative is to allow greater availability of defibrillators in the most heavily trafficked areas of emerald isle, which can decrease the “collapse-to-shock” time and increase survival rates.
How: The Emerald EMS Department will partner with local businesses and grant funding sources to purchase equipment and strategically train members of the community in CPR and AED. These AED’s will be placed in locations where residents and visitors gather in large numbers.
We Seek to:
- Secure grant funding for business package AED set ups.
- Partner with local businesses to train staff in CPR (includes choking and AED usage) at a drastically reduced rate!
- Strategically place AED’s near business whose staff are in trained in resuscitative methods.
- Local businesses may partner with EMS to coordinate and fund routine maintenance and disposable parts replacement.
Our EMS staff is committed to keeping our community healthy. We are happy to help you with:
- blood pressure screenings
- assistance with learning about newly prescribed medical devices like glucose monitors
- home safety tips
- medication questions or concerns
- medication reconciliation
- closing the gap between patient needs and resource availability
IF WE CAN FURTHER ASSIST YOU, PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING BUTTON AND DESCRIBE BRIEFLY WHAT YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH.