The November 10, 2020 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Emerald Isle Board of Commissioners will take place at the Town Board Meeting Room. Due to COVID-19 the public may attend the meeting but space will be limited to ensure social distancing.
The meeting will be available for viewing or audio only by registering at the following link for attendees - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/3112718926907250957 If you wish to call in using your phone, you may dial (631) 992-3221 and enter 136-707-555 when prompted.
PUBLIC COMMENT DURING COVID-19
Submitting General Public Comments and Public Hearing Comments To The Town Board of Commissioner During COVID19 Meeting Restrictions:
At the Town of Emerald Isle Board of Commissioner’s regular monthly meetings, citizens are provided with an opportunity to make general public comments to the Town Board as well as comments during any public hearings. It is important for the Town’s citizens to continue to have this opportunity despite the COVID-19 public health emergency, but public safety considerations are also important.
Until it is deemed safe for everyone to gather as a community again, public comments may be submitted in advance of Town Board meetings subject to the following guidance:
- Public comments should be limited to three minutes in length (approximately 450 words).
- Public Comments timely received will be read into the record of the meeting during the general public comment period or the applicable public hearing period. Please specify whether your comment is general or pertains to a specific public hearing on the agenda.
- Public comments may be submitted as follows:
- By emailing the Town Clerk Sarah Williams at email@example.com
- By putting your written comments in a drop box at the Town Administration Building (located in front entrance foyer)
- By calling Town Clerk Sarah Williams at 252-354-3424 for alternative phone method.
(Public comments will be accepted through 10:00 am on Tuesday, November 10, 2020)
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as the Town’s elected officials and staff work to continue to provide governmental services to the best of our ability during this time.