For 2019, a lottery system will be in place for registration. NO CAMPING OUT REQUIRED!
Registration forms must be turned in between 8am on April 29th and 5pm on May 3rd.
Only one registration form required per family.
Staff from Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation will conduct the lottery on Monday, May 6th and parents will be contacted on Tuesday, May 7th. Please note that we pull for each individual session.
A $25 per week deposit will be DUE by Friday, May 10th. We hope this will expedite the procedure even more. Failure to pay the deposit by this time will result in the loss of the child’s space in camp, and the next child on the waiting list will be contacted.
Registration documents will be available at the link below beginning April 29th. Camp operates from 7:30am until 5:30pm Monday through Friday during all 8 weeks of camp. The fee for each themed week of camp is $85. Per diem fees for field trips apply throughout the week. Membership to Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation Community Center is not mandatory.
Registration Form (available beginning April 29)
Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camp Program Mission: Is to provide both entertaining and educating activities for children 6-12, where activities are facilitated in a safe, fun environment by means that are structured and well supervised. Activities will provide enrichment for children and community.
Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camp Program Objective: Is to reach out into the community and neighboring communities to encourage children and parents to see Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Summer Day Camp as a place for children to interact with one another, learn valuable lessons in communication, develop teamwork skills, enhance physical condition, provide avenues for creative endeavors and present the children with opportunities to give back to the community.
Contact Sheila Lowe at 252-354-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.emeraldisle-nc.org beginning in April for updates, field trip information, and per diem fee information and just for fun!
Maximum registration per session is 30 campers.
After Lottery Registration Procedure:
Should all camper spaces not be filled during the lottery, Summer Day Camp registration will remain open until all spaces are filled. Please contact the Facilities Coordinator at email@example.com. A waiting list for each session is available and typically utilized.
- Children ages 6-12 (Age 5 if they have completed kindergarten,)*
- Children who have a summer birthday may attend camp sessions up until the week of their 13th birthday.
- 30 Children maximum per session
- Children are split into 2 age groups: Ages 6-8 & Ages 9-12 but will occasionally be together as one large group.
- Camp hours strictly 7:30am-5:30pm
- Membership is not required
- 8 Themed weeks of summer day camp
- Each themed week = $85 per child
- CASH Per diem fees apply for field trips each week!
- $25 deposit per session is due by Friday, May 10th.
- Refunds are only given for cancellations made 2 weeks prior to the week of camp in question. No refunds will be given for last minute cancellations and we cannot make exceptions.
- IMPORTANT! We do not fall under the North Carolina State guidelines for childcare and we only keep records for the current school year. Our Tax ID number is 56-0937046 if you choose to claim the SDC fees paid. Please keep receipts for your records as WE DO NOT PROVIDE TAX TIME INFORMATION!
What to Send to Camp DAILY:
- Unless otherwise stated, send two snacks and a lunch.
- Water bottle filled with WATER is required every day.
- Cash per diems that are due each day, or for the full week on Mondays.
- Sunscreen!!! Please apply before sending to camp and send a bottle for reapplication.
- If swimsuits, towels and water shoes are required it will be listed on that days agenda.
What to Wear to Camp:
- Sneakers are MANDATORY everyday
- Camp t-shirts MUST be worn on field trips. One is supplied, extras are available for $5 each.
- Camp clothing - don't send them in their best attire. Camp is messy!
- Children without sneakers and camp t-shirts will be sent home.
- Mandatory for field trips
- You will be supplied with 1 (one) camp t-shirt
- Additional t-shirts are available for purchase at $5 each. You will mark on your application if you would like to purchase one, or more, extra t-shirts. Payment for extra t-shirts are due on Friday, May 10th. There is no guarantee that extra shirts will be available for purchase during the summer so please plan ahead!
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures:
- Parent/Guardian MUST accompany the camper into camp EACH morning
- Camp drop off time begins (center opens) at 7:30am, arrivals before 7:30am will not be allowed into the building until 7:30am.
- Campers should arrive by 9am, unless departure for a field trip is prior to 9am
- Pick up time is 5:30am; late = $10 for the first five minutes and $5 per minute after. Late fee must be paid before the camper can return to camp, except on Fridays when it must be paid at pick up.
- Only CASH is accepted for per diem fees and must be paid SEPERATELY from session payments.
- Please bring exact change
- Checks and credit cards will NOT be accepted for field trips
- Field trips fees cannot be combined with session payment
- Per diem must be paid before field trip. Any child who’s per diem has not been paid will not be able to attend and will stay back with the other group. If both groups are attending the field trip, the child must be picked up from camp.
- Send child in their swimsuit (under their clothing) with sunscreen applied
- Pack their pool bag with:
- Additional sunscreen
- Flip flops/ water shoes
What Not to Send:
- Cellular telephones - in the event of an emergency a staff member will contact you
- Ipod/MP3 Players, etc
- Electronic game devices
- Toys from home!
Basic Rules of Discipline:
- No unruly behavior.
- No abusive or foul language.
- Children must respect:
- Field trip facilitators
Conversations about the following as well as drawn pictures are prohibited:
Children who participate in violent actions/drawings/conversations will be sent home for the day.
Violent Physical Altercations:
- Will NOT be tolerated. Should an incident occur the following procedure will be followed:
- Parents will be called to pick up their child immediately.
- Second occurrence results in immediate dismissal (No refund, No exceptions).
- Keep all body parts to yourself! Hands, feet, legs, hair, mouth, nose.. all of it.
- Walk in the hallways and classroom
- Refrain from rough housing or unruly behavior
- Sit in chairs with bottom in the seat and all four chair legs on the floor.
- Do not sit on the tables.
- Always ask permission before leaving the group, even to go to the bathroom.
Offenses occurring within the same day of camp (does not include physical altercations, see above):
- First offense: Warning will be given.
- Second offense: Time out - parents will be notified.
- Third offense: Parent will be called to pick up their child immediately (NO Refund)
*If a child continues to cause disrupt of any kind or continues to disobey camp rules, they will be dismissed from camp for any length of time, a day, a week, or the rest of the summer. Length of dismissal is at the discretion of the Camp Director and approved by the Program Supervisor and is not negotiable. NO Refund. Every child’s safety is our number one priority at camp. We will also do our best to ensure every camper is given the opportunity to enjoy camp without disrupt from other campers.
Points of Contact:
- Summer Day Camp Director and/or Summer Day Camp Assistant Director are your points of contact for questions or issues.
- You should accompany your child into the building EVERY day to touch base with the staff, pay field trips fees, read the message board, etc.
- Message board should be read daily.
Summer Day Camp staff has been hired because they are the best candidates to care for your children. We have full faith in them.