The Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation Department operates two public outdoor tennis courts located behind the Town Hall and adjacent to Blue Heron Park. Residents and visitors alike are both encouraged to take advantage of this great public recreational resource.
Tennis Events WINTER, SPRING & SUMMER
All events take place at the Blue Heron Park Tennis Courts
In the case of inclement weather clinics are moved to the gymnasium
203 Leisure Lane, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
NEW - Drop in Tennis - Begins March 26!
View Flyer for full details!
October 15 – November 12, 2018
Mondays, 4:00-5:00pm (five-week session)
Youth Tennis “How to Play Tennis” with Tony Pereira
$60 for the five-week session • Ages 7-13 *All levels*
Rain or shine-indoors in gym
Registration limited to 6 students
Must register by October 9, 2018
Where to Play Pickleball?
For More Information Contact
Sarah Cutillo, Program Supervisor
Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation
203 Leisure Lane • Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Phone: (252) 354-6350 • Fax: (252) 354-9019
Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation Tennis Courts
Community Center Membership Pass holders enjoy free use of the tennis courts.
Non-members/Visitors $2 per person per hour.
Emerald Isle taxpayers are eligible to purchase a tennis only membership at Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation. The tennis only membership is available for $25 per person. Memberships expire December 31st each year, regardless of the purchase date.
Use of the Tennis Courts requires a reservation. Reservations can be made at the Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder under the picnic shelter by the tennis courts. (See Tennis Court Rules & Regulations below)
Tennis Court Rules and Regulations
- The tennis courts may be reserved in one-hour intervals daily from 7AM-10PM.
- Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder under the picnic shelter by the tennis courts. If you find that you are unable to play at your scheduled time, please be courteous and cross your name out - or call the Community Center and they will do so.
- To insure your sign-up time you must:
- be a member of the Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Community Center, or
- be a resident/ property owner and purchase a Tennis Only Pass for $25 from the Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Community Center, or
- There is a drop box next to court #1, in which a $2.00 per person, per hour can be paid. Payments may also be submitted at the Parks and Recreation Community Center.
- Please observe a ONE-HOUR playing limit.
- Tennis shoes are required.
- Tennis racquets may be borrowed, free of charge at the Community Center.
- Please turn off the lights if you are the last to leave.
- Please help us keep the tennis courts clean and free of debris.
- NO skates, skateboards, scooters or roller blades or playing hockey on the courts.
- The Tennis Courts close promptly at 11PM and the lights should automatically turn off at this time.
- Any conflicts in regards to reservations/sign-up procedures can be resolved by calling the Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Department at 354-6350 or by stopping by our offices at the Community Center during the following hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM, Sat 9AM-4PM. Resolutions after the aforementioned business hours will be handled by the Police Department at 354-2021.
- Please feel free to contact Parks & Recreation with comments, questions and/or suggestions regarding the tennis courts at 354-6350
Local Area Tennis Courts
Blue Heron Park & Tennis Courts
Open until 11pm
Located behind Town Hall (7500 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594,) this park features 2 tennis courts, a basketball court, picnic shelter and playground.
It is recommended to make reservations for the Tennis Courts , which must be made at the picnic shelter adjacent to the tennis courts.
A fee of $2 per person, per hour must be paid to the drop box.
Western Park in Cedar Point
Driving directions to Western Park Tennis Courts from Emerald Isle
- Go across bridge.
- Turn left at light.
- Go to flashing yellow light, Old Hwy 58.
- Turn right onto Old Hwy 58.
- Western Park will be a couple hundred yards on your left. The street is Sherwood Drive
- Tennis Courts are in the back
Ole Porte Racquet Club in Swansboro
Driving directions to the White Oak Racquet Club from Emerald Isle
- Go across bridge
- Turn left onto Hwy 24
- Go across both little bridges into Swansboro
- Turn right onto Main Street Extension in Swansboro
- Turn right onto Swansboro Loop Road
- Turn right into White Oak Crossing
- Club is on the left.
Joe Baile, Club Pro/Owner
The Country Club of the Crystal Coast in Pine Knoll Shores
- Go east on Emerald Drive/ Hwy 58
- Turn left on Juniper Drive in Pine Knoll Shores
- Turn right on Oak Leaf Drive
- 152 Oak Leaf Drive
Chris Baile, Pro
(252) 726-3222 x 5