The Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation Department operates two public outdoor tennis courts and pickleball courts located behind the Police Department and adjacent to Blue Heron Park. Residents and visitors alike are both encouraged to take advantage of this great public recreational resource.
Drop in Tennis
View Flyer for full details!
List of Local Area Tennis Courts
Where to Play Pickleball? Print Flyer!
For More Information Contact
Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation
203 Leisure Lane • Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Phone: (252) 354-6350 • Fax: (252) 354-9019
Emerald Isle Parks & Recreation Tennis & Pickleball Courts
Community Center Membership Pass holders enjoy free use of the tennis & pickleball courts.
Non-members/Visitors should pay $2 per person per hour.
Emerald Isle taxpayers are eligible to purchase a tennis and or pickleball annual membership. The membership is available for $25 per person. Memberships expire December 31, regardless of the purchase date.
The Pickleball lines are marked on the Tennis Courts and on the Basketball Court.
A portable Pickleball net is available and located inside the corner of the Tennis Courts for use on the basketball court.
Use of the Tennis & Pickleball Courts requires a reservation. Reservations can be made in the binder. Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder on the picnic table by the tennis courts. (See Tennis & Pickleball Court Rules & Regulations below)
Tennis & Pickleball Court Rules and Regulations
- The tennis & pickleball courts may be reserved in one-hour intervals daily from 7AM-10PM.
Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder on the picnic table by the courts. If you find that you are unable to play at your scheduled time, please be courteous and cross your name out - or call the Community Center and they will do so.
Fees must be paid in order to ensure your reservation if you are not an Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation member.
There is a drop box next to court #1, in which applicable fees can be paid.
Please observe a ONE-HOUR playing limit.
- Players will have to assemble the pickleball net.
- When done playing please place pickleball net back in storage bag and return to the corner of the fence.
- Tennis shoes are required.
- Tennis racquets may be borrowed, free of charge at the Community Center when the Community Center is open.
- Please turn off the lights if you are the last to leave.
- Please help us keep the courts clean and free of debris.
- NO skates, skateboards, scooters or roller blades or playing hockey on the courts.
- The Tennis & Pickleball Courts close promptly at 11PM and the lights should automatically turn off at this time.
- Any conflicts in regards to reservations/sign-up procedures can be resolved by calling the Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Department at 354-6350 or by stopping by our offices at the Community Center during the following hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM, Sat 9AM-4PM. Resolutions after the aforementioned business hours will be handled by the Police Department at 354-2021.
- Please feel free to contact Parks & Recreation with comments, questions and/or suggestions regarding the tennis & pickleball courts at 252- 354-6350.