Potential Tropical Storm Off Coast of Georgia
Town officials continue to monitor the potential tropical storm currently centered off the coast of Georgia. The official forecast indicates the storm will hug the North Carolina coast tonight and tomorrow, and may bring tropical storm force winds (39 mph or greater) and 3 - 6 inches of rain to the Emerald Isle area. As a result, Emerald Isle is currently under an official Tropical Storm Warning.
Town officials encourage everyone to be cautious during the rain and wind impacts, and to secure any loose items on your property.
The storm is expected to clear the Emerald Isle area by Wednesday morning.
Town Offices and Community Center Open
Town offices and the Community Center will be open on Tuesday, and all Town services will continue to be provided as normal.
The Town works hard to keep our residents, property owners, and visitors well-informed, and offers several platforms.
The Town will provide additional updates on the potential tropical storm if / as warranted. To receive the most current information from the Town of Emerald Isle, please:
- visit the Town's website at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/ ,
- check the Town's Facebook page at Town of Emerald Isle, NC,
- follow the Town's Twitter feed: @townemeraldisle,
- sign up for the Town's email newsletter at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications ,
- sign up for text message alerts at https://www.emeraldisle-nc.org/email-text-notifications , and/or
- download the Emerald Isle APP at Google Play and The APP Store (search for "emerald isle nc") and enable "push" notifications.