People are motivated to join the EMS Department for a variety of reasons. Most volunteers say it is because of the deep satisfaction that comes from helping people in need. Others join for the excitement of doing something out of the ordinary.
Volunteer Membership Requirements
- Minimum NC EMT Certification and BLS*
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Run a minimum of 12 hours per month, year round, including summers and holidays
Volunteer Membership Application Process:
- Complete application. Please turn in the application to the Emerald Isle EMS Department.
- 6 month probationary period
- Complete Attendant and Drivers packets during probation period
Interested in joining? Questions? Email email@example.com
Active Responder Volunteers - please view/print the following application:
* EMT and BLS not required to apply to the department. Prospective member must be enrolled in next available classes. Fee waiver available to approved probationary members. Career / PRN applicants must have all current certifications at time of application.