Effective January 2022, the Emerald Isle Planning Department will enhance its partnership with the Carteret County Planning and Inspections Department. You can review this short video and written information below for more details:
Permit applicants will still begin their permit process with the Town of Emerald Isle, by applying for permits such as Zoning, etc.
- Applicants must initiate any new construction, remodeling, CAMA, floodplain, driveway, etc. permit process with the Town of Emerald Isle, as has traditionally been done.
- All pre-construction site visits must be conducted before a zoning permit is issued.
- Once a permit is issued by the Town of Emerald Isle Planning Department, all items that are building inspection-related will be handled by Carteret County.
- Applicants will apply for inspection-related (trade) permits with the Western Carteret County Office, at 701 Cedar Point Boulevard, Cedar Point.
- Applicants will utilize the permit forms available at the Western Carteret County Office.
- Applicants will pay for necessary inspections with the Western Carteret County Office.
- Applicants will schedule all inspections with the Western Carteret County Office.
- As part of Certificate of Occupancy, the Town will sign off prior to the County issuing the Certificate of Occupancy or conducting the final inspection, as has been done in recent years.
- Before the Certificate of Occupancy is issued, all final documentation needed by the Town of Emerald Isle must be submitted accordingly.
If you have any questions, please email Josh Edmondson, Planning Director or reach him by phone at 252-354-3338.